Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics
- Clinical dieticians are specialists in assessing & addressing nutritional needs of patients with complex health conditions
- The department of Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics offers nutritional assessment and dietary advice to patients who are under the care with the aim to promote health, prevent diseases and aid in the management of illness
- The team of well qualified and experienced dieticians ensure optimum nutrition for all patients undergoing or recovering various treatments. Dietary intervention in people can improve tolerance to various medical procedures in addition to improving quality of life.
- Clinical Nutritionists assess the nutritional status of patients, calculate individual nutritional requirements. Dieticians work with the medical team providing valuable information regarding appropriate nutrition care to the patients. They also educate patients/relatives in nutrient modifications done
- Good nutrition is a key component of recovering from surgery or illness
- The Department of Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics provides nutritional care, advice and education to patients while they are in the hospital and even after they are discharged