Neuro-Urology is a specialized field within urology that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of urinary and sexual dysfunction caused by neurologic conditions. The Department of Urology at Sterling Hospitals in Ahmedabad is dedicated to providing comprehensive care for patients with neurologic conditions that affect the urinary system. Here is a brief overview of the services offered:
- Evaluation and management of neurogenic bladder, which is a condition that occurs due to damage or dysfunction of the nervous system, leading to impaired bladder function. This may include assessment of bladder function, urodynamic testing, and development of appropriate management strategies such as medication, catheterization, and bladder training.
- Diagnosis and treatment of urinary incontinence, retention, and other voiding dysfunctions caused by neurologic conditions such as spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, stroke, and other neurological disorders. This may involve a combination of conservative management, medications, and advanced treatment options such as neuromodulation or botulinum toxin injections.
- Management of sexual dysfunction related to neurologic conditions, such as erectile dysfunction and ejaculatory disorders. This may involve counseling, medication, and other treatment options tailored to the specific needs of the patient.
- Rehabilitation and management of patients with neurologic conditions that affect the urinary system, including providing education and support to patients and their caregivers on bladder and bowel management techniques, catheterization, and other aspects of self-care.
- Collaborative management with other specialists such as neurologists, physiatrists, and rehabilitation specialists to provide comprehensive care for patients with complex neurologic conditions that impact urinary and sexual function.
The Department of Urology at Sterling Hospitals is staffed with experienced urologists and specialized healthcare professionals who are skilled in managing the unique urological needs of patients with neurologic conditions. The department is equipped with advanced diagnostic tools, state-of-the-art facilities, and innovative treatment options to provide holistic care for patients with neurogenic bladder and other neuro-urological conditions. The goal is to improve the quality of life and functional outcomes for patients with neurologic conditions by addressing their urinary and sexual health needs.