The Department of Emergency Medicine at Sterling Hospitals Gurukul Ahmedabad provides comprehensive care for patients suffering from toxicology and poisoning. The hospital has a team of experienced toxicologists, emergency physicians, and trained nursing staff to manage such cases.
Common toxicological emergencies treated at the hospital include:
- Drug overdose: Overdose of prescription or illicit drugs can cause significant harm to the body. The emergency department is equipped with advanced life support systems to manage such patients.
- Poisoning: Ingestion of poisonous substances such as household cleaning agents, chemicals, pesticides, or accidental ingestion of medications can lead to life-threatening situations.
- Snake bites: India is home to many venomous snakes, and their bites can lead to significant morbidity and mortality. The emergency department at Sterling Hospitals Gurukul Ahmedabad is equipped to handle such cases with the use of anti-venom therapy.
- Carbon monoxide poisoning: Carbon monoxide poisoning can occur due to faulty gas appliances or inhaling fumes from a running vehicle in a closed environment. The emergency department has the facilities to diagnose and manage such cases.
- Alcohol intoxication: Excessive alcohol consumption can lead to impaired consciousness and vital organ dysfunction. The emergency department has specialized monitoring and supportive care for such patients.
In all cases of toxicology and poisoning, timely intervention is crucial for a favorable outcome. Sterling Hospitals Gurukul Ahmedabad has the necessary infrastructure and expertise to manage these emergencies and ensure patient safety.