Reconstructive Urology is a specialized field within urology that focuses on the surgical management of congenital, acquired, or traumatic conditions affecting the urinary tract and genitalia. The Department of Urology at Sterling Hospitals in Ahmedabad offers comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment for patients with complex urological conditions that require reconstruction or restoration of normal urinary and reproductive function. Here is a brief overview of the services offered:
- Evaluation and management of urethral strictures, which are narrowings or blockages in the urethra that can cause difficulty in urination. This may involve various diagnostic techniques such as urethrography, urethrocystoscopy, and urodynamic studies, and surgical treatments including urethroplasty, which is the reconstruction of the urethra to restore normal urinary flow.
- Treatment of urinary fistulas, which are abnormal connections between the urinary tract and adjacent structures or organs, such as the bladder, urethra, or ureter. This may involve surgical repair or reconstruction of the affected area to restore normal urinary function.
- Management of complications related to previous urologic surgeries, such as vesicovaginal or ureterovaginal fistulas, urinary incontinence, or bladder or urethral diverticula. This may involve various surgical techniques, including reconstructive procedures such as fistula repair, sling procedures for urinary incontinence, or augmentation cystoplasty to increase bladder capacity.
- Treatment of genital and penile abnormalities, such as hypospadias, epispadias, and penile curvature (Peyronie's disease), which can affect urinary and sexual function. This may involve surgical repair or reconstruction of the genitalia to improve urinary and sexual health outcomes.
- Reconstruction of the urinary tract and genitalia after trauma, cancer surgery, or other conditions that may require surgical intervention. This may involve complex reconstructive procedures such as ureteral reimplantation, urinary diversion, or penile reconstruction.
The Department of Urology at Sterling Hospitals is staffed with experienced urologists who have expertise in managing complex urological conditions requiring reconstructive procedures. The department is equipped with advanced surgical techniques, state-of-the-art facilities, and a multidisciplinary approach to provide comprehensive care for patients with urological reconstruction needs. The goal is to improve the functional outcomes, quality of life, and overall well-being of patients with complex urological conditions through individualized treatment plans and personalized care.