Female Urology is a specialized branch of urology that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of urinary tract and pelvic floor disorders in women. The Department of Urology at Sterling Hospitals in Ahmedabad is dedicated to providing comprehensive care for women's urological health issues. Here is a brief overview of the services offered:
- Evaluation and management of urinary incontinence, which is the involuntary leakage of urine. This may include conservative management, such as pelvic floor exercises and lifestyle modifications, as well as advanced treatment options like minimally invasive surgeries, slings, and urethral bulking agents.
- Diagnosis and treatment of pelvic organ prolapse, which is the descent or dropping of pelvic organs, such as the bladder, uterus, or rectum, due to weakened pelvic floor muscles. This may involve non-surgical options such as pelvic floor exercises, pessaries, or hormonal therapies, as well as surgical interventions like pelvic organ prolapse repair using minimally invasive techniques.
- Assessment and management of recurrent urinary tract infections (UTIs), which are common in women. This may include identifying the underlying causes of recurrent UTIs and providing appropriate medical and preventive measures.
- Evaluation and treatment of interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome, which is a chronic condition characterized by bladder pain, urgency, and frequency. This may involve a combination of lifestyle modifications, medications, and bladder instillations.
- Management of voiding dysfunction, which may include difficulties with emptying the bladder completely, urinary retention, or difficulty starting or stopping urine flow. This may involve urodynamic testing, bladder training, and other conservative or surgical treatment options.
- Evaluation and management of other urological issues specific to women, such as urethral diverticula, urinary fistulas, and congenital urological abnormalities.
The Department of Urology at Sterling Hospitals is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, advanced diagnostic techniques, and minimally invasive surgical options to provide comprehensive care for women with urological health issues. The team of skilled urologists and specialized staff work closely with patients to develop personalized treatment plans that aim to improve their quality of life and address their unique urological needs.