What our Patients Say
- 24 hours uro-care with daily morning and evening OPD
- Minimal access urological emergencies
- Urolithiasis management and prevention clinic
- World class Dornier lithotripter with both sonographic and fluoroscopic localisation to treat all kinds of urinary stones at the most economical rates
- World acclaimed Philips IITV with DSA facility
- Urodynamic facility: state-of-the-art Urodynamics Laboratory to do investigative procedures
At Sterling Hospitals, our comprehensive urology department offers treatment for all types of urinary and stone diseases. Our high technology centre is capable of performing several advanced laparoscopic urology surgeries such as the following:
- Nephrectomy Pyeloplasty
- Radial Nephrectomy
- Radial cystoprostatectomy,
- Radical Prostatectomy,
- Anterior exercitation with ureterosigmoidostomy, Ureteric re-implantation with tailoring.
Besides, we also treat stone diseases and other conditions such as congenital defects, stress urinary incontinence and infertility. We are also adept at complex urology surgeries such as
- Laser lithotripsy
- Percutaneous renal surgery Intra-renal stone surgery by flexible scopes
- Minimally Invasive surgery
- Laparoscopic Donor nephrectomy
- Laser for prostatic surgery
Robotic Urological Surgeries at Sterling Hospital: Sterling Hospitals runs a state-of-the-art robotic surgery program for urology conditions. Our urologists specialize in a variety of urological conditions while avoiding damage to surrounding nerves and help enhance recovery times. Sterling Hospitals has collaborated with Dept. of Urology, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine (Florida) to develop and facilitate the ‘Robotic Onco-Urological Surgery Programme’. Moreover, Urology is quite definitely the forerunner in the use of robotic technology. The number of Radical Prostatectomy (surgery to remove all or part of the prostate gland) being performed has gone up tremendously as compared to the open era. The advantages have also been extended to procedures requiring precision and accuracy like Partial Nephrectomy (surgical removal of a renal tumour), which has enabled efficient nephron (functional unit of the kidney) sparing surgery, which helps in kidney function preservation. Today, the following robotic assisted surgeries are now being performed with increased frequency:
- Adrenalectomy (surgery to remove the adrenal glands)
- Pyeloplasty (surgical reconstruction or revision of the renal pelvis to drain and decompress the kidney)
- Radical Nephrectomy (complete removal of the kidney)
- Partial Nephrectomy (partial removal of the kidney)
- Radical Prostatectomy (an operation to remove the prostate gland and some of the tissue around it. It is done to remove prostate cancer)
- Donor Nephrectomy (wherein a kidney is transplanted from a living donor to a recipient, the patient.)
Achievements of urology surgery team:
- Endoscopy surgeries for prostate (TURP), Bladder Tumor(TURBT), Urethra (OIU)
- Endoscopic procedures like PCNL, Ureteroscopy and Cystolitholapaxy.
- Hi-tech urological surgeries like Urocoil Placement, Endo-Balloon Dilation, Endo-Pyelotomy, Sting procedure.
- Investigative procedures like Uroflometry, Cystometry, EMG, Pressure flow study and Video-Urodynamics.
- Laparoscopic Urological Surgeries, Laparoscopic nephrectomy, Adrenalectomy, Lap. Pyseloplasty, Orchiopaxy, radical Prostatectomy, and VVF repair (vesico-vaginal fistula)
- Management of Renal failure patients, A V Fistula, CAPD cannula insertion.
- Surgery for stress urinary incontinence (TVI), artificial sphincter placement.
Kidney is one of the most important organs that filters and manages waste in our body. Slight discomfort in the kidneys can result in a lot of unrest in the body. Above 30% of critically ill patients develop renal failure of various severities. Therefore, referring it to an experienced nephrologists becomes essential, so as to correctly diagnose and treat the disorder. The Nephrology Department at Sterling Hospital is well-equipped and well-versed to treat the critically ill patients with advanced dialysis and related infrastructure.
Salient Features of the Department of Urology, Sterling Hospital :
- Specialised departments of Reconstructive Urology, Uro-Oncology and Paediatric Urology
- Impotence and Andrology clinic: Facilities like Penile Doppler, Microscopic varicocelectomy, Vaso-epididymal anastomosis
- Renal transplantation facilities: State of the art, well equipped operation theatre, team of skilled and experienced Urologists and Anaesthetists
- Facilities for laparoscopic donor nephrectomy
- Nephrology department to back up our transplant and renal failure patients
- Post-operative ICU with trained nursing and Paramedical staff to take care of the patients
- Management of uro-surgical trauma patients
- Post-operative care and close monitoring by surgeon and highly-trained staff.
For Further Information Please contact Sterling Hospitals for further details